Saturday, November 1, 2008

I LOVE Halloween...

What can be wrong about a holiday that lets you be whatever you want, or have ever wanted to be? I love to see people's costumes and try to guess how they wish to see themselves in their heart of hearts. Like the regular guy who dresses as a superhero. Or the mild mannered woman who chooses to be a witch, a longtime symbol of female empowerment. I was a ghost pirate this year- wonder what that says about me? That I like stealing and am tired of life? Or let's get really metaphysical and say that I wish to bring about the death of materialism and excess? I know, I know, that's stretching it, but I'm sure a psychiatrist out there who is an adherent of Freud's that would have something profound to say.

What was your costume, or the one you would have chosen had you dressed up? Think for a minute- what might it have to say about you?

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Funny...I would've been a Pirate myself! LOL